There's no denial that Nike+ is a very innovative product. Music and running are best friends and Nike+ just makes that friendship even better. The Nike+ Human Race is a celebration for all runners and highlights the use of the Nike+ Gears by uploading your race data at the web on the race day.
But what if, you don't wear a Nike+? Can you still use the Nike+ sensor with any other shoe? The answer… YES.
Since its release, runners around the world have tried several ways to strap on a Nike+ sensor on their non-Nike shoes. The methods are from simple to damaging. Most of them are DIYs and the use of commercial products. Here are some of them:
- Tape and Lace – Something obvious is to secure the sensor on the tongue of the shoe with a strong tape. Then lace over it tightly.
- Tongue Slit – Cut a small portion on the tongue of the shoe and slide in the sensor. Almost the same as #1 but makes the sensor more secure and protected.
- Sole Hole – Cut a hole in the inner sole your shoes of the same size as the transmitter. Then place the transmitter inside the shoe like a Nike+ shoe. Now that hurts!
- Pod Cribs – Make a pouch where the sensor can fit and be attached with the shoelaces. Needs some knitting skills, tailoring skills and some fashion.
Here are some commercial products that are made for these hacks:
- Shoe Pouch – http://www.grantwoodtechnology.com/shoepouch/
- Lace ID – http://www.lacelid.com/
- Nike Shoe Wallet – This is available locally in Nike stores.
But using these hacks has their disadvantages. One is its uncomfortable since you can feel the sensor on your feet while running. Another is that accuracy can be greatly affected if they are placed poorly on the shoe. Here are some pointers for the hacks:
- Sensor should be stable and not moving when running.
- Sensor should be flat and parallel to the ground.
- Sensor should be secured and will not fall off easily.
There is a database site by Nike where you can download the information from the sensor. But some users are having a hard time uploading the data or are taking a long time to view them. There are also some sites that provide a database for your Nike+ data for free.
So no need to buy the Nike+ shoes. Finally, you can join the Nike+ Human Race on August 31, 2008. Just get the Nike+ sensor, attach the iPod and choose your own hack. Just do it and run free.NOW AVAILABLE. TAKBO.PH COTTON TEES AND HOODIES. CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO ORDER.
|5K Training||10K Training||21K Training||42K Training|