A few weeks ago Candy Corner contacted me to try the SportBeans. It will be my first to use a sports candy. I never tried those energy bars or gels. I would just rely on sports drinks and chocolate bars while running. So using the SportBeans on my run is something new.
First, I was worried if it will have an effect on my stomach. I heard bad bowel stories of runners who use energy foods. But since SportBean is more like a candy, I didn’t worry that much. I have already consumed more than half of the box of samples and also used it during the Condura Run last Sunday. Here is my take on the SportBeans.
- It tastes delicious. I still can’t take away the image that it’s a candy. I have a hard time resisting the urge to eat them even when not running.
- No toilet trips. I didn’t experience tummy aches or “shit splits”.
- Quick energy boost. Although it is hard to quantify but I noticed that I don’t get tired easily during my runs.
- Nutrition rich. Reading the labels shows you that it is well packed with the energy and electrolytes needed for endurance sports. The numbers beat that of my usual sports drinks.
- Munch. Munch. Munch. Unlike the gels, you have to munch, chew and bite all the way to squeeze out the energy on several pieces of beans. This can be distracting and time consuming. If you are running fast, be careful. My trick is to eat 3-4 pieces every 20-30 minutes.
- High sugar. 19 grams per pack. This gives the Sportbeans that strong sweet taste. My mouth feels dry after consuming more than two packs on a single run.
- Bulky. I don’t bring a pouch or bagwhile running so storing 2-3 packs of SportBeans in my running shorts is a problem.
Overall, Sportbeans is a good product that can help me have the needed energy to go for more miles. I find it beneficial for my long runs. So I try to bring 1-2 packs with me. However, I did not follow the prescibe intake of 1 pack before, during and after the run. I just ate them while running when I feel the need to.
SportBeans is now available in Candy Corner and Nuts about Candy outlets nationwide. It retails at 65Php per pack.
How about you? How do you rate the product?NOW AVAILABLE. TAKBO.PH COTTON TEES AND HOODIES. CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO ORDER.
|5K Training||10K Training||21K Training||42K Training|