After having two sports eyewear, there were two things I learned to look for in choosing an eyewear for running. One is the fit. It must fit well on the face and will not fall off while running. And two, it must not have any fogging while running so that I dont have to remove them just to clean the lenses. I saw modern designs of sports eyewear having air vents with them, but these brands are quite expensive.
Optic Nerve provided me with a pair of sportseye wear from their 2009 Collection to test and review. They have a wide range to designs to choose from. At a fraction of a cost, you’d be surprise to find great features that can be also found with the more expensive brands. Check their 2009 Collection at www.nerveusa.com.
I chose the Hovercraft IC. It has a high impact polycarbonate lenses and a durable TR90 Grilamid Nylon Frame. It also has air vents which I hope will eliminate fogging while running and four interchangable lenses. I worn them just last Sunday at the Southern Race and place the air vents to the test.
- All checks on the basic neccesites Im looking for an eyewear. Good UV protection. Good fit. Comfortable. Doesn’t fall off while running.
- Air vents on the lenses helps reduce fogging. It does not completely eliminate fogging but it will be gone quite fast with the vents. I was running last Sunday’s race until I stopped to tie my shoelaces. I then stood up to run again when I noticed the lenses were fogging. But when I started running, the fogging quickly disappears. Those air vents does work.
- The interchangeable lens is an added attraction. The one-piece interchangable lens design makes changing them easy and fast.
- Cheaper price range. Optic Nerve eyewear are sold between 3,500 to 4,500 Php.
- More scratch prone design. It’s the disadvantage of the one-piece lens of the HoverCraft. The frame doesnt extend to the nose piece to protect the lenses. I need to be extra careful when using them. The Halogyn IC is the two-lens counterpart of the Hovercraft IC.
I find Optic Nerve as a good choice for an eyewear. The price is affordable without compromising quality, design and technology. With a wide range of designs to choose from, you’d find one that will fit your needs.
Optic Nerve Sports Eyewear is available at the following stores:
1) Second Wind Running Store, Quezon City
2) Five Forty Surf Shop, Quezon City
You can also contact Titus Cruz at 0917-8120308 for your orders.
Read another review of Optic Nerve by Ibet.
Click here for the price list of available designs and other photos.
View the pricelist on the next page >>
|Savant||Shiny Demi Black||PhotoGlare™||3988|
|Hell Camino PM||Black||PhotoMatic||3988|
NOW AVAILABLE. TAKBO.PH COTTON TEES AND HOODIES. CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO ORDER.
|5K Training||10K Training||21K Training||42K Training|