If I were not a fan of hydration belts, wearing short shorts and tights were the last thing I would wear when running. First and foremost, wearing them is challenging. I even started running wearing jogging pants since I am a very conservative person and shy to show off some skin. Took me four months more to start wearing shorts during races. Secondly, the short shorts and tights seems to be worn by the more serious or elite runners. Wearing them makes you look like a fast runner when I am not fast at all.
During the Runnr Grand Opening, we were treated to a choice of either a CW-X conditioning wear or a customized insole. Quennie and I chose the CW-X tights. I have seen print advertisements of CW-X in magazines. They look cool and promises a lot of benefits like decrease in injury and fatigue.
CW-X is a conditioning wear developed by Wacoal Sports Science. It is designed to specifically support targeted muscles and joints in body and to provide compression to aid blood circulation, lessen fatigue, and increases muscle recovery after strenuous activites like running. Their design are well researched that they have a earn a lot of patents for their products.
There are different collections for CW-X depending on the runner’s need. Different model have different target areas with different compression intensities. You can ask the staff of Runnr to help you chose based on thier catalogue. Quennie and I chose the CW-X Stabilyx. You can view CW-X latest collection at www.cw-x.com.
Here is a review of CW-X Stabilyx after using them for the first time for 21K during the Run for Home last July 19.
- Tights with benefits. True enough, the CW-X Stabilyx helped provide muscle support during my 21K run at the Run for Home. I would usually be worried with pain in my shins and the side of my thighs after a long run or running at a race pace. But while running the 21K, nothing was painful during the run. Neither was there significant pain right after the run. I was impressed.
- Works as warmers too. The weather was a bit cold during the Run for Home but the Stabilyx kept my legs warm. I still have to discover if it gets too warm in a hot day. If you want more breathability, try the CW-X Ventilator instead.
- Super Hero Look. Who likes to be a super hero? You’d look like one in these tights and that image can give you a little boost in races. More psychological than physical boost though.
- Price. I can buy running shorts for about 1,000Php. But CW-X products costs between 4,000-5,000 Php. The Stabilyx costs 4,850Php at Runnr.
- Lesser degree of movement. The compression limits my leg movement. It is a bit hard to bend the knees when running. But it is not that much to affect my running form. Depending on the target support areas, other CW-X designs may provide better movement like the Perfomx.
- Takes time to wear them. Before, i can pretty much get ready for a race in less than 5 minutes. I need a lot of extra minutes to fit myself in these. Not a good idea if you are in a hurry.
- Takes guts to wear them. Quennie had to convince me a little to get one of these tights. Like I said, I am not a fan until she flattered me with how I look on the Stabilyx.
- When buying the CW-X, use the size chart as a guide only. The tights should have good compression to protect the muscles but must be comfortable as well. The size chart recommended a medium tights for me, I selected the large size instead.
- I would sometimes overhear that they would only wear tights or short shorts once they will look good on them. I say, wear them for their benefits and not for the looks.
- I’m starting to notice that more and more runners are wearing tights. See these proud men in tights below. They must be very happy to finally wear Wacoal products.
Would you wear tights as well?
CW-X Conditioning Wear Products are available at Runnr Store, Bldg B3 Bonifacio High Street, Taguig. Visit their website at www.runnr.com.ph.NOW AVAILABLE. TAKBO.PH COTTON TEES AND HOODIES. CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO ORDER.
|5K Training||10K Training||21K Training||42K Training|