New Balance has updated its popular 1063 shoe with the New Balance 1064. It had retained many features from the 1063 but made changes in the material and the fit to create the Total Fit. I got my NB1063 last year from New Balance. I have used the shoe for marathon training and during the Cebu City Marathon itself. To date, it has more than 300 kilometers already and it looks badly beaten.
This year, New Balance has introduced the update for 1063. The NB104 is designed for the high mileage neutral runner looking for premium cushioning. It has the N-ergy cushioning system with excellent shock absorption properties. Check out the NB1064 features and upgrades.
Here’s a peek of the New Balance 1064.
Some notable changes
- N-ergy cushioning system – instead of the SBS from NB1063, the NB1064 uses its new N-ergy. It boost high energy return which helps you run more efficiently. This is NB’s most advanced cushioning system. It is located on the heel only and doesn’t extend to the forefoot like the 1906.
The N-ergy cushioning at the heel of the shoe.
- Lock Down Liner provides a custom fit that hugs the midfoot.
- Phantom Liner which reduces the weight of the shoe while enhancing comfort and fit.
- Ortholite – comfortable insoles with bacteria fighting action.
NB1064 has the Ortholite insoles for added comfort.
- No N-Lock – unlike previous NB design, the 1063 and other new models no longer have the N-Lock. The lock-down liner replaced the N-Lock which uses less material making it lighter.
Just the N. No N-lock like the previous model.
Trip to memory lane. Here’s a quick summary of the features from
NB1062, NB1063, NB1064. Taken from the NB Tech Summit.
I have been using the shoe for several weeks already. About 20 kilometers so far. I’ll be back with a review full review soon.
New Balance 1064 is now available in New Balance stores and in your favorite shoe shops nationwide.
NOW AVAILABLE. TAKBO.PH COTTON TEES AND HOODIES.
CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO ORDER.
|5K Training||10K Training||21K Training||42K Training|