Everybody is crazy about chocolates because of its mouth-watering taste. From kids to adults, everyone drool at the very sight of that dark brownish slab of sweet temptation. We all love it and many of us feel kind of guilty indulging on it. Who doesn`t like eating chocolates, anyway? Is it really bad for us?
If you`re a runner and a certified chocolate lover, then you`ll be relieved to know that dark chocolates can bring health benefits while you do your exercise program. Researchers found that the dark chocolate variety of chocolate can bring a lot of benefits to our cardiovascular health along with helping us to improve blood circulation, regulate blood pressure and so on.
Now, sit back, munch on that dark chocolate over your table and read on about the many health benefits of dark chocolates to runners like me.
• Not all chocolate is created equal and dark chocolate contains more cocoa than other types of chocolates. It has more flavonoids than milk or white chocolate which act as antioxidants and help relax blood pressure. Antioxidants protect our body from aging caused by free radicals while protecting us from cancer.
• A small bar of dark chocolate everyday can help keep your cardiovascular system function well. It helps lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol level and decrease the risk of heart disease. It also stimulates endorphin and serotonin production which gives a feeling of pleasure. It`s truly good for the heart!
• Runners can also take dark chocolate without worrying about your blood sugar level. It was found from studies that the level of insulin resistance is lowered with dark chocolate. In other words, our body can better use the insulin in our bloodstreams.
• A study shows that dark chocolate can be an effective cough suppressant because of its theobromine content. Theobromine is also a mild natural stimulant.
• Many studies show that eating the dark chocolate helps improve the processing of information in the brain. We become more receptive to information because of the positive mood it creates.
• None of the benefits of dark chocolate are the same for milk or white chocolate. Dark chocolates with nougats, caramel or other fillings are not healthy for us. This is because the calories, fat, refined sugars and creams in these types of chocolates will outweigh the benefits of the dark chocolate.
• The flavonoids compounds present in dark chocolates are useful in treating anemic patients and those having poor dietary habits. In addition, it boosts our body immune system and possibly prevents major chronic ailments or detoxifies our body, contributing to overall better health.
Runners and chocolate lovers everywhere can easily live a healthy lifestyle. Though dark chocolates have many benefits, we should still put into consideration the moderate amount of chocolate intake to reap the health benefits chocolate can provide.
It isn`t a guilty pleasure anymore!
NOW AVAILABLE. TAKBO.PH COTTON TEES AND HOODIES. CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO ORDER.
|5K Training||10K Training||21K Training||42K Training|