This year, several companies introduced their line of GPS watches for runners. But none has been exciting as this great value GPS watch from Soleus. The Soleus GPS 1.0 is now in the Philippines and priced at 6,150 Php ($99 in the US). Compared to other brands, this watch has the most competitive price.
By looking at the price, I am forced to ask: Is there a catch?
The Soleus GPS 1.0 is proud to say that it has everything you need and nothing you don’t. By removing some features in a GPS watch, Soleus was able to lower the cost and make GPS watches more affordable to the runners.
So what features are included in the Soleus GPS 1.0 and which features are not included.
First, here’s a list of what you can expect with Soleus GPS 1.0.
- GPS: high-sensitivity receiver
- Distance: current & total in Miles or Km
- Pace/Speed: current & average
- Calories Burned: current & total Kcal burned
- Chrono: 1/100 second resolution
- Data Storage: 100-lap memory
- Water-Resistant: 3 ATM
- World Time: 106 cities covering all time zones
- Rechargeable Battery: USB rechargeable lithium-ion
- Weight = 2 ounces
It covers much of the basic. Distance, Pace, Time, Data Storage. These are the features I use very often with my current GPS watch. Most of the time, my watch are set to show these basic information during my runs. Having too many information on the watch can be distracting.
But what features do I miss?
- No Touch Screen Interface
- No Heart Rate Monitor
- No PC or Web Sync to upload running data
- No Virtual Partner
- No Foot Pod option
- Not for Multisport
- No Vibration Alert
These are the features that are not yet available in the Solues GPS 1.0. But the upcoming designs for the GPS 2.0 and GPS 3.0 will probably have these already. Among the missing features, it’s the Virtual Partner and the Vibration Alert that I miss a lot. The other features, I can live without them for now.
The 6,150 Php price tag for the Soleus GPS 1.0 is very reasonable. The basic features are there. As they say, “It has everything you need and nothing you don’t.” And I completely agree.
I have 3 runs while using the Soleus GPS 1.0. Watch out for a review soon.
Soleus Running Watch is available at the following stores:
- TimeGear – TriNoMa Mall, Quezon City
- TimeGear – SM Mall of Asia, Pasay City
- LTimeStudio – Market! Market!, Taguig City
- LTimeStudio – PowerPlant Mall, Makati City
- LTimeStudio – SM Megamall, Pasig City
- LTimeStudio – The Podium Mall, Pasig City
- LTimeStudio – Robinson’s Galleria, Pasig City
- LTimeStudio – SM The Block, Quezon City
- LTimeStudio – Festival Mall, Muntinlupa City
- LTimeStudio – Alabang Town Center, Muntinlupa City
- LTimeStudio – SM City Southmall Las Pinas, Muntinlupa City
- LTimeStudio – SM City Valenzuela
- LTimeStudio – SM San Lazaro, Manila City
- LTimeStudio – SM City Marikina
- LTimeStudio – Robinson’s Ermita, Manila City
- LTimeStudio – Sta. Lucia Mall
- LTimeStudio – SM City Clark, Pampanga City
- LTimeStudio – SM City Lipa, Batangas City
- LTimeStudio – SM City Pampanga, Pampanga City
- LTimeStudio – SM City Batangas, Batangas City
- LTimeStudio – SM City Sta Rosa
- LTimeStudio – Marquee Mall, Pampanga City
- The Landmark Department Store
|5K Training||10K Training||21K Training||42K Training|