Here’s a simple yet healthy breakfast for runners. This power breakfast, as shared by fitness enthusiast, Sabrina Atardi of Sabrina’s Kitchen, will give you energy and keep you satisfied for hours!
Soft Boiled Egg
Eggs are known to be one of the good food for us runners. It is packed with protein, choline and vitamin D and offers you a number of health benefits.
Here’s a simple, but definitely not a boring way to eat eggs with cooked white and slightly soft yolk.
– In a pot let water boil. Once boiling add eggs and let boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
– Chop w knife to cut center then scoop out with a spoon.
– Drizzle some virgin olive oil, and a dash of salt, pepper, cayenne and cumin to bring the anti inflammatory goodness.
– Top of with some fresh herbs.
Chocolate Banana Shake
Bananas are a great source of easy-to-digest carbohydrates and eating one before a run is a great way to provide additional energy.
Like bananas, chocolate may give you more power and help you run longer if you drink it before your workout (according to a study published in 2006 in the International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism).
So, how about getting these 2 ingredients for an energy boost shake?
Here’s the recipe:
– In blender with 8 cubes ice, place a regular or Saba ripe banana, 2 whole eggs, 1 heaping teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 cup milk, 7 leaves spinach or gyunura , 2 dashes cayenne and 20 dashes cinammon.
– Blend and enjoy!
* To maintain weight keep at 2 eggs; 2 lose weight, use the 1 egg to 1 banana ratio.
You can check more of Sabrina’s easy and healthy recipes and look forward to the Sabrina’s Kitchen Season 7 which be launching very soon!
NOW AVAILABLE. TAKBO.PH COTTON TEES AND HOODIES. CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO ORDER.
|5K Training||10K Training||21K Training||42K Training|