The Nike Pegasus has been in the market since 1983 and for 35 years, this iconic shoe has been used by top athletes like Olympic Gold Medalist Mo Farah, American Record Holder Shalane Flanagan, and track star Jordan Hasay. In fact, Joan Benoit Samuelson, who is an Olympic Gold Medalist, has run in every single Nike Pegasus ever released.
The previous Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34 has earned positive reviews from runners at every level, whether they are seasoned veterans or just starting out. The new Nike Pegasus 35 will surely carry the positive reviews even further.
The new Nike Pegasus 35 takes inspiration from the Nike Zoom Vaporfly 4% and insights from elite runners from across the world. It still kept its best features like the mesh cut and sewed upper, and the midsole is a mix of Nike Zoom Air and Cushion foam. What’s more exciting this time around is that for the first time, the Nike Pegasus 35 comes with fresh features specially tuned for female runners!
Among the updates are the following:
- The tongue is notched for easier foot entry.
- Designers moved the bottom eyelet to open up and provide flex in the foot.
- The collar is directed away from the Achilles for added comfort, a design shift that came from Mo Farah’s insights.
- The beveled heel helps with touchdown. The collar is also directed away for added comfort.
- The full-length articulated Nike Zoom airbag was inspired by the Nike Zoom Vaporfly 4%. Designers combined the two airbags used in the previous Pegasus into one that mimics the shape of the 4%’s curved carbon-fiber plate.
- The women’s edition features a slightly softer Cushlon foam specifically tuned for the female runner, for the first time ever.
The result is a Nike Pegasus 35 that is both fast and modern. It has a premium and comfortable feel that runners look for in a running shoe. The new Nike Zoom airbag midsole in the Pegasus 35 offers responsive cushioning that improves transition and flexibility. And finally, women would especially love the responsive, slightly softer cushion foam specifically tuned for her.
The Nike Pegasus 35 is named after a mythical winged horse. A trusted companion, it was Pegasus who aided the hero Bellerophon in his fight against the fire-breathing Chimera. Today, the Nike Pegasus lives up to its name as a trusted running shoe for 35 years.
The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 35 is now available at Nike stores. SRP 6,295 PHP.NOW AVAILABLE. TAKBO.PH COTTON TEES AND HOODIES. CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO ORDER.
|5K Training||10K Training||21K Training||42K Training|