Meet the new Fitbit Charge 2, the latest fitness tracker from Fitbit. The new Charge 2 added more advanced features and comes with a new look. I have worn several fitness trackers before and I find the features of the Charge 2 very impressive.
The Fitbit Charge 2 will be available late September at major Philippine retailers. See the list of store and the price of Fitbit Charge 2 at the end of the post.
See what’s inside the box and some of the key features of the Charge 2 with our unboxing video below.
Here are the 12 features I love about with the new Fitbit Charge 2.
1. Bright and Bigger Display – The Fitbit Charge 2 has a bigger display compared to the Charge HR. Yet it has minimalist look and very lightweight. It doesn’t bother me when I use it for my fitness activities. Having a big display lets you see more information at one look at the device. There is no need for several taps or press of a button.
2. Long Battery Life. Charge 2 can last up to 5 days in one charge. This depends on the type of use and the number of features enabled. So far, it lives up to its expectations. I have used my tracker for 5 days in a single charge. But I did disable several features to maximize the battery life.
3. Smartphone ready. This fitness tracker can be used with both iOS, Andriod, and Windows phones. It’s not exclusive to one operation system. The Fitbit app is free to download so you can view and modify all the fitness tools.
4. Wireless Sync. All the information from the fitness tracker can be transferred wirelessly to your smartphone. Simple and easy. No additional cables required. There is an option for an All-Day Sync, but I disabled this to save battery life. I would sync it manually instead which works just fine.
5. Fitbit App. The Fitbit App is your one-stop-shop to view the different fitness stats and access the features of your tracker. It records your workouts, set goals, track heart rate, and manage weight. All these and a lot more in just one app. And it’s FREE!
6. Automatic activity tracking. With its SmartTrack feature, automatically records select exercises like walking, running, hiking, biking, sports and more, so you get credit even if you forget to log a workout.
7. Customizable Screen Options. You could customized the clock face with 7 different styles. Either you want a digital clock display or an analog style display. You can also choose to show some fitness stats or just the date and time.
8. Animations and Greetings. This is a features that surprises me. There are cute greetings everytime I pick up the tracker. There are several built in greetings but you can customize this as well through the Fitbit App. There are also cool animations to remind you with your goals, or just to tell you how close you are to your goals. But I love the animation whenever I reach my goals for the day.
9. Hourly move reminders. Experts say you need at least 8,000-10,000 steps a days. Fitbit Charge 2 helps you reach this goal by breaking it down to at least 250 steps per hour. It’s easier to manage and Fitbit Charge 2 will remind you every hour to help you reach your goal.
10. Phone notifications. There are calls and text messages you can’t afford to miss. But sometimes, I can’t hear the ring. This fitness tracker will give you a light vibration to let you know there is a call or new message including messages from Google Hangouts, Facebook Messenger, Skype and more. Just make your choice in the Fitbit App. It can also give calendar alerts.
11. Accessory bands. A must-have feature for fashionistas! Fitbit Charge 2 comes with an interchangeable bands. Changing the bands is simple, easy and secure. The classic band comes in 4 colors with more colors to be available soon. I am looking forward for their leather bands to be available. Then, there is the special edition series which includes the 22k rose gold-plated tracker with lavender band.
12. Price. The SRP for the Fitbit Charge 2 is at 7,699. With its massive features, stylish look, battery life and durability, the price is cheap and reasonable than other fitness trackers in the market.
Those are just 12 features but the Fitbit Charge 2 has more. There’s the PurePulse Heart Rate, Connected GPS, Cardio Fitness Level, and the Guided Breathing Sessions. For more information about all the features of the Charge 2, visit the website at www.fitbit.com/ph/charge2.
It is water resistant. Minor splashes are OK but you can’t take it for a shower or for a swim. If you are looking for a fitness tracker that you can take for swimming, check out the Fitbit Flex 2.
The Fitbit Charge 2 will be available in late September at major Philippines retailers including Digital Walker, Beyond the Box, select Toby’s stores, iBook, iCenter, Mobile1, Globe, Gadgets in Style, Hivemind, Lazada, Zalora, Timeline, The Inbox Store, iLiberty and Runnr stores. Prices below are from Fitbit.com, pricing at retailers may vary.
Fitbit Charge 2 (Classic Band) – 7,699 PHP
Fitbit Charge 2 (Special Edition) – 8,699 PHP
Classic fitness accessory band – 1,399 PHP
Luxe premium leather accessory band – 3,299 PHP
|5K Training||10K Training||21K Training||42K Training|